02 December, 2011

eat that frog!

what is it about me and procrastination? I usually go astray doing some unimportant things when I have other important (but stressful) things to do. Like for example, I spend 90 minutes making changes to my (almost) dead blog, revealing the all new kopi theme...
I think the deviation gives me mental rest and perhaps "refreshes" me, in the same way that reading does for some and exercising for some others.
oh well, so I decided to read this book Eat That Frog! by Brian Tracy to "treat" my problem. What have I learnt? only that I need the mental discipline to just-do-it! The author says, all my dreaded assignments are frogs that I need to eat. eeeeww... then tells me all the good reasons why I should do them right away, how I should make lists and plans and etc etc..
so, like I said, convince myself and just-do-it!
back to real work now

No comments:

Post a Comment